Heart is one of the most vital organs in the body. It plays an important role in the pumping of oxygen-rich blood throughout the body. Cardiovascular disease is one of the leading causes of human deaths worldwide. Factors like obesity, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol level can increase your risk of developing heart diseases. Fortunately, these factors can be avoided satisfactorily through the use of natural medicines. It is best to remember that ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
For the heart to function efficiently, you must eat nutritious and well-balanced diet as follows:
- Ample amount of raw fruits and vegetables.
- Low fat proteins like skinless chicken, skinless turkey and broiled fish.
- Food rich in important fatty acids such as tuna, herring, salmon and mackerel.
- Cut down on the consumption of butter, read meats, refines sugars, alcohol, soft drinks, fried foods and refined grain products.
- Drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water a day.
- Cut down on the consumption of sodium, preservatives, monosodium glutamate, tenderizers, baking soda and table salt.
In addition to the well-balanced diet, maintaining of a healthy body weight and a daily exercise routine is essential for keeping your healthy. Stress should be avoided or at least regulated through the practice of certain relaxation techniques like meditation, yoga, visualization or Tai Chi.
In the treatment and prevention of heart diseases, it is advised that you incorporate herbs and vitamins to your daily diet. Listed below are some of the natural remedies that are proven to promote cardiovascular wellness:
- Garlic lowers the levels of cholesterol in the body and helps to lower blood pressure.
- Vitamin C and E are the important antioxidants that keep the blood vessel healthy and raise the level of good cholesterol.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids slows the development of atherosclerosis plaques and lowers the risk of death from heart disease.
- Chromium Picolinate, Selenium and Niacin combined together can help lower the level of bad cholesterol (LDL cholesterol) in your body.
- Magnesium and Potassium together aid in the regulation of blood pressure and regulate heart beat.
- Fish oil supplements lower cholesterol, have anti-inflammatory properties and reduce the risk of death from heart attack.
- Ginseng can help manage high blood pressure and improve cardiovascular function.
- Ginkgo Biloba has antioxidant and anti-clogging properties, making it useful in reducing atherosclerosis.
It is of utmost important that you take good care of your heart. By combining a well-balanced diet with herbal and mineral supplements and a daily exercise routine, you drastically reduce your chance of getting any heart disease. Your daily exercise routine doesn’t have to be anything complicated. It can just be something as simple as taking a daily walk, and then slowly progressing to a more strenuous exercise as you become fitter. It is advised that you consult your physician before you embark on any kind of exercise routine.
Always remember that you are the one responsible for your health and fitness and most importantly your heart.