Holidays are just around the corner. It is time of the year when overeating and weight gain seems inevitable, but there are some tips you can follow to prevent putting on that excess weight on your body.
- First you must make up your mind that you are going to follow the steps to help avoid holiday weight gain and always plan ahead before attending any party.
- Never arrive at the party on an empty stomach. Before leaving your house, you should have some healthy snacks like few olives and carrot sticks or a small bowl of salads. This will help curb your appetite and will aid you in making better food choices at the party.
- When you arrive at the party, start out by drinking a glass of water to help further fill your stomach.
- Avoid alcohol drink, if possible. If you cannot avoid alcohol altogether, then just drink in moderation like just a glass of wine. Besides being empty calories, too much alcohol makes it impossible for you to be in control of your food choices.
- Use portion control and eat very slowly, chewing each bite of food at least twenty to thirty times. This allows your stomach time to signal your brain that you are full.
- Divert your attention from food by spending more time conversing with friends and families.
- Start out by eating healthy and low calories food, so that by the time you confront yourself with tempting higher calories food, your stomach will be filled enough that you won’t indulge in the yummy goodies that add pounds to your body.
- If it is a buffet party, make a point of being as far away from the buffet table as possible. It is much more difficult to control yourself if you are constantly confronted by the delectable temptations.
- Drink water instead of all the high calories drinks. Always have a glass of water at hand so that you could keep sipping the water throughout the party.
- If possible, avoid party desserts and bring your own healthy treat like low calories snack bar to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Make sure to work out regularly during the holiday season to help burn off those extra holidays calories.
- Be aware of the signals your body gives you. If you listen carefully, you could always tell when your body is telling you that you have had enough.
Following these simple tips can help you avoid putting on the excess weight during the holiday season. Determination, moderation and commonsense is the key. Just remember that holidays are meant to be for your enjoyment, not for you to over-indulge and regret later.