Neck and shoulder massage to help relax you and release tension. CAUTION: You may fall asleep!!!
Video Rating: 4 / 5
Archive for the ‘Healthy Alternative’ Category
Neck and shoulder massage to help relax you and release tension. CAUTION: You may fall asleep!!!
With all the news of economic recession, I am pretty sure that lots of people are really stressed out. Stress, left for a long period of time without being dealt with, can lead to many forms of sickness. Here are some techniques that you can implement right away to relax yourself and relieve stress.
- A simple way to relax is to listen to soft music which has been proven to pacify and calm your mood instantly. Soft music alleviates stress due to its calming effect.
- Meditation is a great way to quiet your mind, thus effectively reducing the stress level. Stress usually results from thinking negatively and expecting the worse from a situation. Meditation helps quiet your mind. It is much easier to quiet your mind than to try to think positive thoughts if you have been accustom to thinking negatively for a while. Meditating for just 15 minutes a day will do wonders for you.
- Yoga is a great way to reduce stress. Practicing yoga on a regular basis help keep physically fit. Practicing the different yoga poses help relax your muscle, increase blood circulation, facilitate intake of oxygen and help you focus. Yoga can also help rejuvenate your body and mind.
- Engage in some form of relaxing hobbies like gardening, playing music, dancing, etc. Spending time on a hobby that you love can help you get away from your problems, make you relax and relieve stress.
- Massage, due to the fact that it helps relax your muscle, can relieve stress. When you are stressed out, your muscles tense up. Relaxing the muscles can help put you in a relax state.
- Spending time with nature is a great way to relax and relieve stress. Walking in the park amidst all the beautiful trees and flowers, watching fish swimming in the pond or just sitting and watching the birds flying in the sky can be a beautiful and relaxing experience for you.
- Praying with faith on a daily basis can have a healing power. When you have faith that there is Someone who will help you with all your troubles, you tend to be more positive and hopeful. Praying with faith can relieve stress because it helps calm you down.
- Laughter is another great way to relieve stress. When you laugh, your body produces endorphin, a natural stress buster, which makes you feel great. Watch funny movies, listen to funny jokes, or just make a conscious effort to laugh and be amaze at how you will feel.
These are just some of the techniques you can put to use right away to relax you and alleviate stress. Just be sure to put some of them to use on a regular basis and the benefit that you will gain will amaze you.
Most people have always been obsessed with looking as youthful as long as possible. There are numerous so-called miracle products claiming to deliver a supple and youthful looking skin for people at any age. Seriously, how many of these products are up to par to their claim? Frankly, there are no wonder products that can keep you looking youthful forever aside from taking good care of your skin and having some knowledge about wrinkle prevention.
As you aged, the cells of your skin begin to deteriorate at a faster rate than your body can create new ones. This result in your skin losing its elasticity and fine lines appear, growing deeper each year. In addition to age, factors like sun, diet, smoking and stress can escalate the appearance of lines and wrinkles because they magnify free radical damage which causes premature aging. Understanding the underlying causes of wrinkle can assist you in its prevention.
Protect against sun damage by wearing moisturizer with SPF (sun protection factor) of 15 or higher (the higher the SPF, the more protection against UV rays) can decrease your chance of aging prematurely. It is imperative that you choose a sunscreen that offers protection against both UVA/UVB rays. Apply liberal amount of sunscreen half an hour before exposing yourself to sun rays and reapply every 2 to 4 hours. Try to minimize your exposure to sunlight especially during the middle of the day.
Premature aging can be prevented by consuming a healthy and a well-balanced diet. Food helpful for preventing premature aging consists of: Vitamin C (found in citrus fruits, strawberries, and blueberries), Vitamin E, Omega 3 fatty acids (found in salmon and flax seeds) and food containing antioxidants (such as kale, green tea, etc). Drinking 6 to 8 glasses of water per day is also vital.
Another factor that has been made known to accelerate the aging process is stress. Relaxation is vital to your skin’s health. It is absurd to think that you could completely avoid stressful situations, but there are certainly ways to deal with stress effectively. Some of the ways to reduce stress are exercise (which releases endorphins), yoga, meditation, listening to music, talking with good friends, having a relaxing bath, aromatherapy, etc.
Another factor that is particularly bad for your skin and your health is smoking. Increase in free radicals from nicotine, decrease in oxygen level in the skin, and the repeated act of putting the cigarette to your lips and smoking can cause wrinkle lines in lips. Free radicals break down collagen which supports the skin and keep it firm and elastic; this results in sagging and premature aging of the skin.
Instead of looking only to modern medicine for treatment of skin conditions, it is a good idea to also include natural alternatives as means of keeping your skin healthy without the harmful side effects of chemicals. There are natural remedies for the skin conditions such as burns, eczema, acne, minor wounds, etc.
Here are some of the available natural alternatives:
- Tea Tree Oil, a natural antiseptic that can be use to treat your acne quite effectively. Dab a cotton swab dipped in Tea Tree Oil on the acne twice a day can help heal your acne.
- Aloe Vera is traditionally used to heal burns and abrasions. To do so it should be applied liberally several times per day. It can be bought as gel or you can obtain the gel from the leaf of the Aloe Vera plant. Aloe Vera is also used in many skin care products. Topical application of Aloe Vera does not seem to have any adverse effect.
- Honey has been used to medicate wounds due to its antibacterial effects. Honey appears to decrease healing times in people suffering from mild burn wounds. Manuka honey from New Zealand and Australia has notably impressive antimicrobial properties.
- Emu oil from the fat of the Emu appears to have anti-inflammatory and wound healing properties. It contains 20% Omega-6 and 2% Omega-3 fatty acids. Emu oil has been traditionally used by the Aborigines in Australia for healing wounds and burns and relieving pain for bones and joints. There are no reported side effects.
- Neem is a tree in the same family as mahogany grown in places like India, Myanmar, and Malaysia. Neem oil is used in cosmetics for treating acne and maintaining skin elasticity.
These are just some of the available natural skin care remedies that can be use effectively without any adverse side effects.
The most fundamental concept in Chinese medicine is the yin and the yang. The yin and the yang are opposing forces that work in conjunction with each other. It is the primary foundation for the diagnosis and treatment of bodily ailments. Everything is said to has both yin and yang aspects, which constantly and equally interact to produce relative balance and internal harmony in life. The ancient China used certain elements to represent the yin and the yang. These are : up and down, cold and hot, light and dark, and water and fire. The yin and the yang which are also present in the body are responsible for the natural health of the body. The physiological functions of every organ are inseparably related to the yin and the yang. Every activity of a particular organ of the body has the properties of the yin and the yang. When the yin and the yang are out of balance, there is disruption in the bodily function. When your body is in good condition, we can assume that the yin and the yang are working well in harmony and in equilibrium.
Once the body is corrupted by outside elements, balance is disrupted. The Chinese medicine’s main objective is to restore the balance through integrated methods and techniques. The methods include various forms of healthy practices such as following a well-balanced diet, regular exercise, taking herbal supplements, acupuncture, and body massage. These methods assist in the balancing of the yin and the yang.
A healthy and a well-balanced diet is the essential component of the Chinese medicine which aid in balancing of the yin and the yang. A great diet consists of the following: fish, whole grains, organic and seasonal vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, herbs and herbal supplements, Chinese and herbal teas, tofu and other soy products. Eliminating or reducing the consumption of certain foods from your daily diet is highly recommended. These foods include tropical fruits due to high level of acidity, any food additives and preservatives, red meats, cheese and other any dairy products, refined white sugar and other refined products, coffee and other products containing caffeine, alcohol, fried foods, cold and soft drinks, and strong spices.
A well-balanced diet is more beneficial when combined with regular exercise program/ daily physical activity. It is highly advised that you incorporate it into you daily routine. Finally, always remember that making any kind of dietary changes in your life must be done slowly. Any kind of abrupt changes can cause tremendous stress, which can make you revert back to your old eating habits. It is always advised to take it slow.
Alternative medicine encompasses any healing practice “that does not fall within the field of conventional medicine” . Each type proposes its own wisdom and specialty. When you find yourself ill and in need of healing, choose the best alternative medicine that conforms to your own interest and lifestyle.
The following are the different kinds of alternative medicine, listed in alphabetical orders:
- Acupuncture which originated in China, believe that your life energy or “qi” move throughout your body along the channels called “meridians”. When you are healthy, your “qi” travels throughout your body in a harmonious manner. When you are sick or emotionally unbalanced, then the flow of “qi” is interrupted and out of balance. In Acupuncture, tiny needles are inserted into your body along the meridian points to help stimulate the flow of “qi”. The Chinese believe that the illnesses and the various health conditions can be treated by adjusting the body’s energy flow.
- Acupressure is another traditional Chinese medicine technique that uses the same principle as Acupuncture. Acupressure uses physical pressure instead of using the needles to stimulate “qi”.
- Aromatherapy uses part of the plant known as essential oil that has aromatic property to help improve the psychological and the physical well-being of a person. The aroma of the essential oils affects the function of the brain, activating the Limbic system and the emotional center of the brain. Some essential oils which have anti-bacterial or anti-fungal property are applied to the skin in form of massage oil.
- Ayurveda, the word itself means “science of life”. It has its origin in India. The main aim of Ayurveda is to harmonize and balance the body, mind, and spirit to prevent illness and promote wellness. Ayurveda treats physical and mental health problems by ridding the body of substances that can cause disease; this aids in the restoration of harmony and balance. Ayurveda assume that if a person establishes balance between his mind and body and between him and the universe, then the person will be healthy.
- Chinese herbal medicines are used in the treatment of illnesses as well as in prevention of diseases. In this traditional Chinese medicine, cocktail of herbs which are custom-made for the individual are used to treat the illness and heal the body.
- Herbal medicine also uses herbs and plants’ parts like leaves, flowers, or stems to promote wellness and heal particular health issues.
- Massage therapy is defined as the application of soft-tissue manipulation techniques to the body. It is aimed at improving blood circulation to reduce stress, pain and tiredness. Massage therapies have been widely used in many ancient civilizations like Rome, India, China, Japan, Greece and Mesopotamia.
- Meditation is another form of alternative therapy. There are many types of meditation such as Transcendental Meditation, mindfulness meditation, Buddhist meditation, etc. All meditations use particular method to produce relaxation and calm the mind to encourage inner feeling of peace. This helps improve the individual’s physical and psychological well-being.
- Yoga, which originated in India, is the practice of physical postures or poses together with breathing exercises to help calm the nervous system and balance the body, mind and spirit. Yoga has been used to lower blood pressure, reduce stress improve coordination, flexibility, concentration, sleep, and digestion
These are just some of alternative medicines available for you to choose from. Before you decide to use any type of the alternative medicine, you are advised to take time to do the necessary research. Select the form of alternative medicine that is targeted at dealing with your health problems. Choose the one that you think would benefit you and fit your lifestyle.